Thursday, June 12, 2008

Blogging etc.

I hope everyone's enjoying their holidays.....

I don't know why in heaven's name I even started blogging, may be because soooo many of my friends like to blog and are pretty good writers (like me :), I just hope I'm not being deluding on this count ). Its kind of a funny idea. Like an online diary open to everyone but only some select people reading it because they know about it or come across it accidentally. Really wierd...private thoughts thrown out to the world in the annonimity of the World Wide Web sometimes hoping that you are unknown to the reader. This is I believe one of the very few things I did because almost everyone I was talking to has started it too. The first being dancing in the Navratri festival in school in the pouring rains of Mumbai!!!! Phew! that kicked up the mother of all rows back home. Thankfully, this 'seems' to have been tame enough to be accepted-as of yet.

Coming back to blogging....another thing is that you can write anything and I mean anything on it and get away with it. Maybe even describe your first (or next if you are a pro) murder and I think no one can stop you. Except maybe trace it back to you
but tracks can still be covered to make you untraceable. Imagine the comments might actually be improvements to the plan the writer never really thought of while planning written by innocent people just suggesting for the fun of it!! The writer would definitely be thanking the guy who invented blogging for his/her perfect crime. scary huh?

Just think what would have happened if Anne Frank's diary was actually a blog and not a diary!!!!! who do u think would have got to her first?? The gestapo or would Germany have been defeated or ostracized by then? would her blogging given enough reason for the war to have ended earlier with a greater offensive from the allied forces?

These days its the perfect propaganda tool for all those celebrities and actors to promote their movies not to mention their feuds! The only thing left is now blog wars that will be at least as bad as cat fights. But it does get them closer to the fans as fame and limelight grows more and more invading and demanding by the hour.

well enough with all the rambling....
I finally got a topic for my project with this company called Abstract Algos. I'm doing it on audio watermarking. Its an interesting topic and I'm learning about it now. If any of you reading this know about it please let me know. I would appreciate
it! Cant wait to start my trip to the char dham(i.e. Gangotri, Yamunotri, Kedarnath, Badrinath). Supposedly 14km treks are coming my way!! wow thats going to be fun except for the rains maybe and I really hope landslides don't become part of the itinerary! The guests keep on coming.... kind of like waves on the sea. My childhood friends came for a night over and ended up staying two days straight!! It was tons of fun and movies!! Must have seen about 10 movies in those three days....
The highlight so far has been that I finally managed to get straight A grades this semester in all the subjects yaaaaay!!!!!!!! And I went shopping for some new clothes and its only the first installment of shopping.
Well i better get back to my project(also i cant think of anything else to write) so signing off.......

No comments: